Thursday, March 18, 2010

The latest technology

A friend was telling me how excited he is about his new iPhone, and marvelling at the wonders of all the new technology.

I don't have an iPhone, I'm still learning all the features of my (old) BlackBerry. But how many people can say this: "Ask me about my new Portable Oxygen Concentrator....just got the smallest one on the market, the FreeStyle by Airsep."

Like all of this equipment, it has its upsides and downsides. It's great if you only need to be out for a couple of hours, it's small and light. But if you're taking it for the day, you either need to schlepp along multiple battery belts (heavy) or the power cord (also heavy). I need to spend some time figuring all of this out.

I'm thinking about a mesh backpack. This would allow the air circulation the machine itself requires, and also allow me to put all the peripherals in with it, all while distributing the weight a bit better than everything on my left shoulder.

To be continued, but meanwhile, I won't let anyone tell me I'm not up to the minute with the latest and greatest technology!

2 comments:

Anon said...

OMG! I have struggled with this same lung condition for years and was just recently diagnosed. Just like you I had been diagnosed with asthma but it wasn't asthma. I first started having severe breathing problems starting in 1984 post gallbladder surgery. I am thinking it was some sort of strange reaction to the anesthetic. Since August I have just introduced oxygen into my daily regime. Like you I do not require oxygen when sitting but what a difference it has made whenever I need to walk. I also have a concentrator when I am sleeping. I am a 55 year old female. Never smoked. Thank you for your blog! I will come back often for updates. You are like a pioneer paving the way.

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!